1255 E University Drive, Apt 186
Tempe, AZ 85281
maxEmbedded is an embedded systems consulting company providing quality products and services to its clients. maxEmbedded also consists of a free and open source platform to share knowledge and learn about the concepts of robotics, embedded systems and computer vision.
Wi-Fi Enabled CNC Network
This Internet of Things (IoT) project aims at developing a device that would enable existing CNC machines to get connected to the internet via Wi-Fi and form a network of these machines so that they can be controlled remotely.
We need Computer Systems and Electrical Engineering students to program the processor and design the circuit of the device. Eventually towards the end we will require students of Industrial Design and/or Mechanical Engineering to come up with the exterior design of the product.
We will also need a management person to take the position of a project lead who will be responsible for managing and leading the team and negotiating with the client.
This project comes from an overseas client and will require collaborating with teams working in India. Students should be comfortable with multicultural communication.
Milestones and Deadlines
- Successful IoT Data Transfer Demonstration – May 2, 2015
- Successful RS-232 Data Transfer Demonstration – May 2, 2015
- Initial Prototype – August 15, 2015
- Revised Prototype – September 30, 2015
- Beta Design – October 30, 2015
- Final Product – November 30, 2015
Students should have willingness to learn and a passion to innovate. Apart from that the following qualifications will be desirable:
- Computer Systems / Electrical Engineering – Basic understanding of C language, TCP/IP network protocols, cloud computing, data and HTTP servers
- Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering – AutoCAD, SolidWorks
- Business Development – Ability to manage and lead a team
Expected duration: 9 months
Expected number of students:
Computer Systems / Electrical Engineering – 3
Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering – 1
Business Development – 1
Requires US Citizenship: No
Requires Permanent Residency: No
Company Representative: Mayank Prasad
Send an email to Karan Sharma <email@example.com> stating your interest in the project. You must be a cohort member of SPARCe to be considered for the project. Not a cohort member? Fill up the student interest form and we will get back to you!