Almega Brainware LLC
1939 E Dawn Drive
Tempe, AZ 85284
Almega Brainware LLC is a new startup to develop science/engineering apps for kids to make them interested in science & engineering. Currently two apps are in development.
Rocket Car Mobile App
Science and Engineering educational app motivate kids to study science & engineering in future. The project is to create a simple app of a balloon powered toy car that teaches Newton’s laws of motion in a fun way.
To carry simulation to the real world, we could design a simple snap together balloon powered car and print it with a 3D printer. The user of this app can then compare what they learned in the computer simulation with a real world test. The app and car could be the components of a science kit.
A schedule of milestones can be created once the scope of the project is determined based on the students’ availability.
There will be mentorship available with the entire app design process, so just a team of bright & motivated entrepreneurs.
- Programmers – A basic software model could be made available that can be expended on by one or two programmers. While its possible to develop this in a cross platform systems like Corona SDK, the project should be done using Apples development system so a Mac will be required for programming. If someone has experience with Xcode that would be a plus, but I can help the programmers come up to speed of they know a language such as C++.
- Graphics Artist – Also need some graphic arts help by someone who knows how to use a software like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator and has some graphic art skills.
- Engineering/Education – Design educational content for the games.
- Business Management/Marketing – Business skills can be used to manage and promote this product.
Expected duration/deadline: 3 months / May 15, 2015
Expected number of students:
Best to have a multidisciplinary team of 4 to 8 students.
- 1-2 programmers – computer science or engineering or anyone who knows an object oriented language like C++. Knowing Apple’s Xcode & Swift is a plus.
- 1-2 graphic artist to create the game screens, colors, & game objects.
- 1 – Engineer/Mechanical designer who knows or can figure out how to create a simple balloon powered car in a CAD system & 3D print the parts. This is an “optional” activity & can be done in parallel with the game development.
- 1 – Engineering/Science/Education student to create the educational content of the app
- 1 or 2 – Business or organizational person to run the project, keep everyone on task and monitor progress. Also need marketing help to promote the product if it gets released in the Apple Store or possibly to sell the concept to another company.
Requires US Citizenship: No
Requires Permanent Residency: No
Company Representative: Ron Behee
Other Information: If you want to learn the process of creating a app from start to finish and potentially selling it, this will be a good project. Even if you are not a software developer, this project requires a team of multidisciplinary members.
Send an email to Karan Sharma <email@example.com> stating your interest in the project. You must be a cohort member of SPARCe to be considered for the project. Not a cohort member? Fill up the student interest form and we will get back to you!